- A summary of research trials from the cut flower centre on dianthus as a cut flower crop
- Download the Annual Dianthus Factsheet
- Effective handling of cut flowers from harvest through to despatch is a critical part of maintaining the quality of the product grown and supplied to customers, and ultimately the end consumer. This factsheet contains information on key areas of good practice for the post-harvest handling of cut flowers
- Download the Post Harvesting Technology Factsheet
- Cut foliage comes in many forms, typically serving to add texture, colour, interest and bulk to bouquets and other floral arrangements. This information sheet covers field-grown, woody cut foliage crops and is augmented where possible by observations from the demonstration plantings at the CFC.
- Download the Woody Foliage Factsheet.
During 2019, samples of column stock downy mildew were submitted to The James Hutton Institute for further sensitivity testing. The results of these tests are summarised in the attached technical note.
Following on from the work that the CFC has undertaken with column stock growers relating to the issues with downy mildew in 2018 and the subsequent sensitivity trials at FERA, the CFC and AHDB have produced a detailed fact sheet giving information about the biology of the disease and how it can be managed by the use of both environmental and chemical solutions.
The factsheet can be accessed by clicking on the following link.
The first year final report for project PO020, The development of an experimental deep pool hydroponics system to investigate its potential for cut flowers is now available and can be accessed by clicking on the following link:-